The story behind Pure Peace CBD
Website: PurePeaceCBD.com Email: Tonya@purepeacecbd.com Store Address: 1154 S Main St. Hampstead MD. 21074
About Pure Peace, LLC - Tonya O’Neill
Hi, My name is Tonya O’Neill. First, let me tell you about the birth of Pure Peace LLC. I have suffered from anxiety and PTSD for years. I am now a daily user of CBD. In 2018 I found myself in a daze most of the time or just flat out screaming and very anxious about everything. I knew I was affected a long time ago by certain life traumas. I was diagnosed with PTSD and Situational Anxiety in the year 2015. Long story short, I was tired of taking all of the prescription medications that always had many more side effects than I had to begin with. So, I did my research and found CBD. I started using CBD daily and found it to be so helpful in many ways. It was then that I was able to actually focus away from more and be so much calmer inside most of the time. I am an entrepreneur at heart so then I put all of this together and created my brand of CBD. I do not make my products but all of my products come from an FDA certified facility and I can provide all of my COAs. All made in the USA. That is is BONUS! It has been 2 years now and I am amazed at the results I have seen by people tapping into the use of CBD. I am proud to say that I am apart of a major shift in the world today in positive ways by being involved in this industry. I have had my share of depression medicines and opioids in my past due to my issues with PTSD and depression or pain caused by many incidents. I have learned many new ways to cope with my PTSD and depression as well as making CBD a part of my daily routine. I found out that I need to be consistent with using CBD as well as practicing new behaviors and developing a new mindset to continue to improve my own life coming from a past of trauma. With all of this, I set out on a mission about 2 years ago now to help others along the way. I keep what I have by giving it away. Anyone in recovery will tell you that it works if you work it. Oh! My husband, our kids, and our pets all use CBD now for some reason or another. As a matter of fact, our teenage daughters haven't taken Adderall in 2 years now. I talked with their Dr. and their schools and I was told that they cannot guide me either way because they have not done their own research and mostly because CBD is not FDA regulated and that is a liability on them. I was told that it is up to us as the parents and so we made the decision to try our daughters on nothing except CBD for ADHD. After all, it is legal here in MD due to the 2018 Farm bill. We haven't looked back! They are learning to cope with who they are without the drugs. As of today, (2021) my CBD business has been a success and the journey to help others to learn the potential benefits of pharmaceutical drugs has been a blessing in disguise. We were all taught years ago that THC is the gateway drug. Today, I do not believe that. You can but I do not. I believe that is alcohol. Thank you ALL for your support and being open-minded with me on this journey.
In effect, I zealously started researching alternate methods of treatment.
Here’s what I learned…
- In 1988, the first cannabinoid receptor was discovered in the brain of a rat. Researchers found that these receptors reacted specifically to THC, and were found primarily found in regions of the brain responsible for mental and physiological processes such as memory, high cognition, emotion, and motor coordination. (1)
- Two years later, in 1993, the second cannabinoid receptor was found as part of the immune and central nervous systems. It was then that researchers started to realize that they may have been onto something, but these receptors were only found in rodents, so what’s the big deal right? (1)
- Fast forward to 1995, researchers discovered that these receptors, now officially referred to as the CB1 receptor and CB2 receptor, were found not only in rats but within thousands of other species, including humans. (1)
- Thanks to advancements in technology and knowledge and tons of clinical trials, researchers were able to reverse engineer what they’d discovered, trace back through the metabolic pathways of various cannabinoids, and uncover an entirely unknown signaling system between the CB1 and CB2 receptors in our bodies and receptors found in Cannabis compounds, which they called “endocannabinoids.”(1)
- Scientists discovered that there are systems in our bodies that are solely dependent on their interaction with cannabinoids, and these systems are part of vital functions in our bodies.
Basically, our bodies were designed to work with cannabinoids, and they can even be considered essential to our overall health and wellness.
So in short, CBD OIL is not harmful and I decided to try this natural supplement to see what It could do for me. At first, I didn’t notice a difference. I kept using CBD and in about 4 weeks it helped with my alcohol cravings (without using any pharmaceutical drugs that have so many nasty side effects) and my anxiety was subsiding. I was no longer taking Xanax to help me sleep or calm down from panic attacks. In about 2 months of finding and using a daily dose of CBD, I noticed my reactions to things were much better. My productivity on bigger tasks was higher, I was able to concentrate without the fear, tension, and anxiety hindering me and in my way. My interaction with my own family has improved tremendously. And it's even cleared up my skin some.
With these results, I continued my zealous research on CBD and how to create my own product and brand...Hence PURE PEACE LLC was born and Pure PEACE CBD was created.
I truly want to help others find relief with many of the issues we all suffer from and yet don’t talk about. But a natural remedy... Something without all the harmful side effects and dependency. CBD is not ADDICTIVE!!!
- "Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift"